Contact R.S.V.P & Volunteer Resource Center
610 Sullivan Street
Berlin, NH 03570
(603) 752-7607 (fax)
RSVP is one of the largest volunteer networks in the nation for people 55 and over. You can use the skills and talents you’ve learned over the years or develop new ones while serving in a variety of volunteer activities within your community in Coos County.
Service opportunities are as diverse as the communities in which volunteers serve and may include:
- Organizing neighborhood watch programs
- Tutoring and mentoring disadvantaged or disabled youth
- Renovating homes
- Assisting victims of natural disasters
- Volunteering at local service agencies
Become a RSVP Volunteer
RSVP volunteers choose how, where and how often they want to serve, with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. Volunteers receive pre-service orientation, training from the organization where they will serve and supplemental insurance while on duty.
RSVP volunteers do not receive monetary incentives.
Some of our signature programs :
- Bone Builders: An exercise program that addresses osteoporosis by increasing muscular strength, improving balance, and strengthening bones.
- Handy Helpers: Volunteers help other seniors with anything from running errands to fixing things around the house.
- One-to-One Friendly Visits: Volunteers stop by a client’s home for a visit at a designated time each week to reminisce, play games, talk, or go for walks.
- One-to-One Friendly Phone Calls: Volunteers call a client to check in on them, see how they’re doing, and share any recent headlines and community events.
We are currently seeking volunteers for the following Stations:
- Friendly Visits – Volunteers stop by a client’s home for a visit at a designated time each week to reminisce, play games, talk, or go for walks.
- Friendly Phone Calls – Volunteers call a client to check in on them, see how they’re doing, and share any recent headlines and community events.
- Volunteers help other seniors with anything from running errands to fixing things around the house.
- Currently need volunteers willing to take parishioners to church.
- Currently recruiting for volunteers who have good driving records and desire to assist people in getting to necessary medical appointments.