Contact the Support Center at Burch House
PO Box 965
Littleton, NH 03561
6 School Street
24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-774-0544
Tri-County CAP’s Support Center at Burch House is a volunteer-supported specialized service program that provides support and emergency shelter to victims and survivors of Domestic and Sexual Assault Violence and Stalking in 19 towns in northern Grafton County, NH.
To find a crisis center in your area click here.
How can we help?
Domestic or sexual violence can disrupt anyone’s life at any time. Recovery from the trauma of abuse is a journey; the Support Center can help victims and survivors every step of the way. Trained advocates are available to help victims explore their options and make educated and informed decisions about how they wish to recover and move forward in their lives. For some, that means pursuing orders of protection or filing criminal charges. Having a Support Center Advocate accompany them through the court and criminal processes is a service we offer. For others, just having a supportive person available to talk to is all the support they need. We can help there, too. Advocates also assist victims to access other community resources that may be helpful to them on the path to recovery including:
- public benefits
- child support
- family services
- medical care
- job skills and support
- help finding somewhere safe to live
All Support Center services are free of charge and confidential by law.
Support Center at Burch House Services:
- 24 Hour Toll-Free Support and Information Hotline: 1-800-774-0544
- Emergency Shelter at the Burch House for women and children who are in immediate danger of abuse.
- Walk-in and by appointment supportive counseling services at our Littleton Office.
- Court advocacy, accompaniment, and assistance in obtaining orders of protection (restraining orders).
- 24-hour accompaniment at the hospital or police station for those seeking medical care and/or police protection and intervention.
- Information and referrals to other community services that may support victims as they recover from the trauma of abuse.
- Support and assistance during Child Advocacy Center forensic interviews for the abused child, non-offending caregiver, and siblings.
- Family Violence Prevention Advocacy for families receiving services through DCYF (Child Protective Services).
- Assistance filing for Victim’s Compensation benefits.
- Violence Prevention Education and Outreach free of charge to schools, community groups, social agencies, police departments, hospitals and other civic groups who wish to learn how to respond to Domestic and Sexual Violence in our community.
- Support Groups are offered on an ongoing basis for people whose lives have been disrupted by Domestic or Sexual Abuse.
The Support Center provides services to victims and survivors of: sexual violence, domestic violence, and stalking regardless of gender; age; health status (including HIV-positive); physical, mental or emotional ability; sexual orientation, gender identity or expression; socio-economic status; race; religion; national origin; immigration status or religious or political affiliation.
Resources and Informational Links:
24 Hour Crisis Line: 1-800-774-0544
Support Center at Burch House Facebook
New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Violence
New Hampshire Legal Assistance
Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
A program of the Tri-County Community Action Program, a United Way Agency, and Member of the NH Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence.
The Support Center is funded in part by the U.S. Department of Justice Victims of Crime Act and the Violence Against Women Act.